Why Migrate Magento1 to Magento2?
Magento 1 support has ended since June 30, 2020, and those who have not migrated Magento 1 to Magento 2 will no longer receive security updates. There are a few risks that can hinder the performance of your store if you haven't upgraded to Magento 2.
Migration to Magento 2 is is a complex process that should be treated carefully and yet it is worth it, and here are a few reasons why:
- Level-up performance and security: Magento 2 is about 50% faster all around in frontend performance, including faster checkout (~38%↑). Besides, Magento 2 has strengthened its password management.
- Upgrade admin interface to more intuitive: Magento 2 is acknowledged by former Magento 1 users to be many times more user-friendly both for techies and non-techies.
- Get guaranteed support and updates for Magento 2: Magento has officially stopped supporting Magento 1 since June 30, 2020, which means no security nor feature updates to it.
- Enhance mobile version: The Magento 2 themes are responsive by default, and the checkout is mobile-ready as well. Magento 2 also supports PWA.
- Improve overall UI and UX: Here’s a bright example: Magento 2 has its checkout simplified up to 2 steps only, and it also supports more payment gateways.
- Minimize conflicts with extensions: Magento 2 has a much lower risk of incompatibility issues if several extensions from different vendors are installed.