A laggy and slow-to-load Magento store can have a negative impression of your site the users. According to one study conducted by Google, 53% of mobile users leave a site that takes longer than three seconds to load! It can lead to pogo-sticking and can directly affect bounce rates. Also, who would love to trust a website that is annoyingly slow and taking longer time to load than expected?
Speed is not just a number, it’s a formula for success
Tuning your Magento 2 performance and increasing its speed directly affects your traffic and sales. See how key business metrics will change:
- 1-second improvement → 2% boost in conversions: According to HubSpot, website conversion rates drop by an average of 2.11% with each additional second of load time.
- 2 seconds improvement → 32% bounce rate decrease: Google reports that bounce rates increase by 32% when page load time increases from 1 second to 3 seconds.
- Entering Google green zone → non-stop organic traffic growth: SEO strategy also matters, but on average our clients get a 30% increase just by improving performance.
- 1-second improvement → 16% increase in customer satisfaction: Slow Magento 2 speed affects loyalty as well: as specified in the research, a one-second delay in loading can reduce customer satisfaction by 16%.
- Stable performance = enhanced brand reputation: Customers become more demanding, and 46% of them will never visit a website again if they’ve experienced poor performance.
- 1-second improvement on checkout → 7% increase in complete purchases: Bolt reports that each second of page load time is correlated with a 7% decline in conversions.